Our House in Multiple Occupancy Insurance

Why buy House in Multiple Occupancy Insurance with Westhill?

•    You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
•    With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
•    If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible. 

About Our House in Multiple Occupancy Insurance

Residential buildings insurance policies won’t cover properties that are let under a number of different tenancy agreements.

Finding a policy that will provide adequate cover in these circumstances can be difficult – many insurers won’t take on multiple occupancy properties and, even if they do, they might not differentiate between different types of property (for example, the risk in a property where there are cooking facilities in each room is different from where the kitchen facilities are shared by all), meaning you might be paying over the odds for cover.

Luckily, Westhill works with an extensive panel of insurers, so you can be confident that we’ll be able to find you the right cover at the best possible price.

Call us today on 020 8304 4344 for advice and help on finding the right policy for your needs.

Want help finding a great value House in Multiple Occupancy insurance policy?
Call our expert team who’ll do all of the shopping around for you.

What Next?

Call us on
0208 308 4344 or email us at

Get a Quote

Get a Quote

When should we call?

I would like to discuss this now.


Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately
Contact me Later

Get a Quote

Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately

Why Westhill?

Did you know?

The London Fire Brigade has warned DIY’ers to be more aware of fire safety in communal properties. Fire doors are a legal requirement, and are often not replaced or are tampered with, and the self-closing mechanisms removed. For advice on your insurance call us on 0208 308 4344 and stay safe.

Want to find out more about House in Multiple Occupancy insurance?
Click here for our FAQ

Find Out More About Our House in Multiple Occupancy Insurance

What is a house of multiple occupancy (HMO)?

A house of multiple occupancy (HMO) is a single private sector property that is rented out on different tenancy agreements.

What cover is provided by a typical house of multiple occupancy policy?

•    Buildings insurance – covers the cost of damage to the structure of the building, and any fixtures and fittings.
•    Landlords’ contents insurance - covers loss of and damage to furniture and fittings in a furnished rental policy.

Which add-ons are offered alongside a multiple occupancy policy?

•    Loss of Rent – pays out in the event of a claim for loss or damage that means your tenants can no longer stay in the property, for example, a fire or flood.
•    Alternative Accommodation – if your property is no longer suitable to live in due to an unforeseen event like a fire or flood, this will cover the cost of providing alternative accommodation to your tenants.
•    Rent Guarantee – pays out in the event that a tenant fails to pay the rent. It also covers any associated legal expenses.
•    Landlords’ Legal Expenses – covers the costs of legal expenses arising from events such as property damage, recovery of rent arrears, disputes and attendance expenses.

Can't find what you are looking for?
Contact us

Let's Talk

Speak to someone at
Westhill Insurance

Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344