Why buy maisonette insurance with Westhill?
• You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
• With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
• If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible.
About our maisonette insurance
Whether you own your maisonette or rent it, you’ll need house insurance. Many ‘standard’ home insurance policies won’t cover maisonettes, so you may need to find a bespoke maisonette policy. We can help!
Maisonettes need specialist cover because:
• They are often leasehold. If you don’t own the freehold of your property, you may find it difficult to find buildings insurance.
• As the leaseholder, many refurbishments that you carry out won’t be covered by the freeholder’s buildings insurance. A specialist maisonette policy may include tenants’ improvements insurance that will make sure your work is covered.
• Home insurance is usually cheaper if you buy a single policy that covers all the maisonettes within your block. Many insurers won’t offer this type of cover.
• If you share a communal area with other maisonettes, you’ll need a specialist policy that includes these areas.
At Westhill, we pride ourselves on getting to know our customers and doing all the hard work for them. With more than 30 years’ experience in the home insurance market, and an extensive panel of insurers to choose from, you can be confident that we’ll find you the right cover at the best possible price.
Call us today on 020 8308 4344 for advice and help to find the right policy for your needs.
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) recommend that a maisonette is insured together with the other maisonettes that make up the block under a single policy. That cover would also include the communal areas. Contact us on 0208 308 4344.
When we talk about maisonette insurance, we’re really talking about buildings and/or contents insurance for flats.
At Westhill, we know that maisonettes can pose different risks from standalone properties, particularly where there’s shared responsibility for common areas. This can make it difficult to find appropriate cover with most insurers.
If you own a maisonette, the buildings insurance will usually be arranged by the freeholder (or their managing agent), who will normally seek a contribution from you to cover your proportion of the insurance costs.
Unlike buildings insurance, home contents policies are normally taken out by the occupier of the maisonette, not the freeholder.
Westhill can arrange a home contents policy for your maisonette.
Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344