Our Residential Buildings Insurance

​Why buy Buildings Insurance with Westhill?

•    You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
•    With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
•    If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible. 

About Our Residential Buildings Insurance

If you’re a homeowner, you should have buildings insurance. 

The buildings insurance market is very competitive, with insurers working hard to differentiate their products from other providers. While this is great news for customers because it gives you the ability to choose the policy that’s most tailored to your needs, it can be hard to understand the differences between two providers, to calculate exactly how much cover you need, and to identify which add-ons are right for you.

That’s where Westhill can help. Having sold buildings insurance for over 30 years, we know the market inside out. And we pride ourselves on getting to know our customers, so that we can recommend the best cover for your needs.

Whether you live in a flat or a mansion, on a flood plain or in an area with subsidence, we can find the right insurance policy for you.

Call us today on 020 8304 4344 to speak to one of our expert advisers.

Want help finding a great value Residential Buildings insurance policy?
Call our expert team who’ll do all of the shopping around for you.

What Next?

Call us on
0208 308 4344 or email us at

Get a Quote

Get a Quote

When should we call?

I would like to discuss this now.


Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately
Contact me Later

Get a Quote

Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately

Why Westhill?

Did you know?

During cold weather, energy companies are keen to push their boiler insurance. Always check your own home & contents policy first to see what emergency cover may be included there. Get a warm welcome by calling our team on 0208 308 4344 for more advice.

Most people don’t know they have Legal Expenses cover as part of their motor and household insurance policies. Legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of legal action brought by or against you. Not sure if you’re covered? Call us on 020 8308 4344 and we’ll clarify it for you.

Sheds are viewed as Dad’s retreat, but they often contain expensive equipment that can attract thieves, such as bikes and power tools. Make sure you don’t forget to insure your shed and its contents when working out how much home insurance cover you need. Call us on 020 8308 4344 for advice.

We bet you wish you'd bought a house in Ilchester Place in London in 1998 - it could have been earning you £132 an hour ever since. The owners of one house here bought it for £870,000 16 years ago - and sold it last year for £18.7 million. For property insurance, call us on 0208 308 4344.

The Civil Aviation Authority receives up to 30 reports each year of ice falling from aeroplanes – although most don’t do any damage. Should a block of ice fall on your home, it could cause great damage making you grateful for your home and contents insurance! Call us on 020 8308 4344 for cover.

Mortgage lenders will normally insist on buildings cover. They may offer to arrange this themselves, or ask that your insurers note on the policy their interest in the building: they may also request sight of the document. Let us know the details and we’ll give you a quote – call 0208 308 4344.

Most people answer ‘yes’ when asked if they own their home. However, generally the mortgage company also owns a large percentage of the property, and it will insist that its investment in the building is insured. Call us on 020 8308 4344 for more information on property insurance.

You need to tell your insurer if you have any work carried out on your property that alters the structure or layout, such as an extension or garage. Give us a call on 020 8304 4344 and we can advise whether you’ll need to amend your policy.

Want to find out more about Residential Buildings insurance?
Click here for our FAQ

Find Out More About Our Residential Buildings Insurance

What is buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance covers the structure of the property, as well as permanent fixtures and fittings, such as baths, toilets, fitted kitchens, and home décor, like wallpaper. Policies also usually include garages, greenhouses and garden sheds.

Policies generally cover damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake, theft, storms or flooding, subsidence, falling trees, moving objects (such as a car hitting your home), and escaping or leaking water or oil.

Which risks aren’t covered by buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance is not intended to be a substitute for keeping your home well maintained and in a good state of repair, so your policy won’t pay out for damage resulting from poor maintenance.

Is buildings insurance compulsory?

If you have a mortgage on your property, your lender will require you to take out a buildings insurance policy.

If you own your property outright, you don’t have to insure it, but as it is likely to be by far the most valuable thing you own, it would be wise to make sure it’s covered.

How much should I insure my property for?

You need to insure your property for the amount that it would cost to rebuild it. This is not the same as its market value. Click here [insert link to ABI online calculator] for help calculating your home’s rebuild value.

My property is at risk of flooding – can I still get buildings insurance? 

Yes. Westhill is able to find buildings insurance that will cover just about any eventuality thanks to our experienced panel of insurers.

Can't find what you are looking for?
Contact us

Let's Talk

Speak to someone at
Westhill Insurance

Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344