• You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
• With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
• If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible.
Most commercial buildings insurance policies state that your property must not be left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days.
After this period, insurers consider there to be a higher risk of problems such as squatters, burst pipes, fire, theft and malicious damage.
If your commercial property is going to be left unoccupied for 30 consecutive days, you’ll need unoccupied commercial property insurance to protect the building and its contents.
There are many different factors that affect the cost of unoccupied cover, including:
• How long the property is likely to be unoccupied for
• The contents of the property
• Claims history
• The age of the property
• Its location
• How often the property will be inspected
• Security features.
Because we take the time to get to know our customers and your requirements, we can make sure that your unoccupied property premium is calculated on the specific risk your property poses – not on the general risk of unoccupied business premises.
Call us today on 020 8308 4344 for help finding a policy tailored to your individual risk.
Properties undergoing renovation or refurbishment, awaiting probate, sale or occupation all require the correct buildings insurance and the associated liability cover – make sure you have the right cover and speak to us first on 0208 308 4344.
Usually a condition of the policy that insured properties are to be visited every 7 days. Don’t get caught out on your Unoccupied Commercial Building insurance - speak to us first on 0208 308 4344.
Unoccupied Commercial Building insurance is designed for properties left vacant for 30 days or more. Options of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months’ cover are available. Contact us on 0208 308 4344.
If you are having building works done you need to advise your insurer as they may add conditions to the policy such as.. “There must be signs of forced and violent entry for a theft claim to be paid.” Contact us on 0208 308 4344.
Do I have to buy an annual policy?
You won’t have to take out a full 12-month policy. Most insurers will offer shorter policies, for example, for 3, 6 or 9 months, with the option to extend if necessary so you’ll only pay for cover that you really need.
What kinds of risks will a commercial unoccupied policy cover?
The precise cover will depend on the policy you take out, but typically you can expect an unoccupied policy to cover theft, vandalism and water damage.
What measures should I take when leaving my property unoccupied?
• Inspect the property on a regular basis, and keep a record of your visits.
• Security measures should be maintained and activated at all times.
• Any bottle gases should be removed from the building, as should accelerants like paint and oils.
Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344