• You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
• With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
• If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible.
Landlords come in all different shapes and sizes. Are you renting out a single flat or a whole block of them? Are you renting to friends or to strangers? Are you renting to one family or to multiple households (i.e. you have separate leases for different tenants within the same flat)? The cover that you need will depend on your circumstances.
At Westhill, we pride ourselves on getting to know our customers and doing all the hard work for them. With more than 30 years’ experience in the home insurance market, and an extensive panel of insurers to choose from, you can be confident that we’ll find you the right cover at the best possible price.
Call us today on 020 8304 4344 for advice and help on finding the right policy for your needs.
Landlords are legally allowed to visually inspect their property within 24 hours notice to tenants? Being a landlord is a tough call: having good insurance will help you protect your property and contents. We can advise with specialist landlord insurance, so give our team a call on 0208 308 4344 to secure your investment.
More than 3000 Brits will earn extra dosh by offering their house for short-term holiday lets or by house-swapping. Make sure you tell your insurers what you are doing to make sure your insurance is valid. We can advise on 020 8308 4344.
Fire services and insurers are urging landlords to carry out regular checks for cannabis on homes. Drug gangs are targeting rental properties and they have to re-route electric and water meters to grow their crops: all of this can result in severe property damage and the risk of flood and fire. Get professional landlord insurance advice from us at 0208 308 4344.
If you let out a residential property that you own, you’ll need a specific landlord insurance policy (sometimes called a Buy-to-Let policy).
As well as providing buildings insurance cover, landlord policies may provide additional benefits such as:
• Loss of Rent – pays out in the event of a claim for loss or damage that means your tenants can no longer stay in the property, for example a fire or flood.
• Alternative Accommodation – covers the cost of providing alternative accommodation to your tenants if your property is no longer suitable to live in, for example because of a fire or flood.
• Rent Guarantee – pays out in the event that a tenant fails to pay the rent.
• Landlords’ Legal Expenses – covers the costs of legal expenses arising from events such as property damage, repossession and recovery of rent arrears.
• Landlords’ Contents Cover – covers loss and damage of furniture and fittings in a furnished rental policy.
A conventional home insurance policy won’t usually provide adequate cover for a landlord. In particular, it won’t cover your rental activities (meaning you won’t be able to claim for an incident that causes you to lose rent).
Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344