Our Commercial Buildings Insurance

Why buy Commercial Buildings Insurance with Westhill?

•    You’ll have a dedicated adviser who can help you identify exactly what you should insure, so you’ll never pay for cover you don’t need.
•    With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
•    If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run as smoothly as possible.

About Our Commercial Buildings Insurance

If you own a commercial property, you should have commercial buildings insurance. 

You need to make sure that you buy the right level of cover – you don’t need to insure the property for the market value, but you do need to consider its rebuild value. You should also include fixtures and fittings in your sum insured.

Not sure how much cover you need? Don’t panic – call one of our experts on 020 8308 4344 for advice on the right insurance for you. 

Want help finding a great value Commercial Buildings insurance policy?
Call our expert team who’ll do all of the shopping around for you.

What Next?

Call us on
0208 308 4344 or email us at

Get a Quote

Get a Quote

When should we call?

I would like to discuss this now.


Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately
Contact me Later

Get a Quote

Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately

Why Westhill?

Did you know?

Commercial Buildings insurance can be extended to cover Liability, fixtures and fittings and loss of rent – to get the right cover for your Commercial Buildings, speak to us first on 0208 308 4344.

Cover for Subsidence and Terrorism are not automatically provided within Commercial Property Owner policies – to get the right cover for your Commercial Buildings, speak to us first on 0208 308 4344.

Want to find out more about Commercial Buildings insurance?
Click here for our FAQ

Find Out More About Our Commercial Buildings Insurance

What is commercial buildings insurance?

Commercial buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your business premises in the event of risks such as burst pipes, falling trees, fire, flooding, riots, storms, subsidence and theft.

Am I required by law to have commercial buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance isn’t compulsory but most mortgage providers will insist that you have it before giving you a loan.

Even if you own your business premises outright, you should still consider buildings insurance to cover you against the cost of repairs and rebuilding your property.

How much should I insure my business premises for?

Make sure you insure your business premises for its rebuild value, not for its current market value.

You can use the Building Cost Information Service’s house rebuilding cost calculator to work out what the rebuild value of your property is.

What is a commercial combined policy?

If you run your business from your own commercial property, consider buying a commercial combined policy to provide all the insurance you need – from buildings and contents cover to employers’ liability to deterioration of stock.

Buying insurance as a package is usually much cheaper than buying a number of individual policies.

I rent my business premises – do I need buildings insurance?

If you rent your business property, your landlord will be responsible for arranging buildings insurance. But you should still consider taking out contents insurance to protect your stock and equipment.

Can't find what you are looking for?
Contact us

Let's Talk

Speak to someone at
Westhill Insurance

Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344