« back to news

Providing a relaxed and happy atmosphere for hosts and guests alike

Many people enjoy opening their homes to visitors and providing bed and breakfast, hotel or guesthouse accommodation. However, quite a percentage forget that although they are in their own homes, they are actually running a business and so must conform to legislation, including hygiene, health and safety as well as insurance. You must protect yourself, your staff and guests from risks which may seem invisible or impossible, but which are very real and lurking there in shadows, just waiting to happen. For example, have you thought about business interruption or loss of licence cover? Both could allow you to carry on trading in the face of adversity until normal service resumes.

At Westhill Insurance Services we have been providing insurance for the hospitality trade for many years and here we offer some details on a few of the most common covers which all business owners in the hospitality market should consider:

Buildings insurance – protects you from the costs of damage caused to your buildings by a range of risks including fire, malicious damage or flooding.

Employers' liability – absolutely required by law if you have employees and protects your legal responsibility for accidental death or bodily injury caused to your employees arising out of activities connected to your business.

Public liability – covers your legal responsibility for injury caused to the public or damage to their property, whether your fault or your staff's.

Money cover – covers the theft of money from your premises or whilst in transit to or from your bank

Contents/Stock cover – covers your contents and stock from theft or by being destroyed by a range of risks, and don't forget to mention to your insurers your freezer contents to ensure they are covered by insurance also.

Glass cover – provides cover for the replacement of broken or damaged glass caused to your business, including shop/reception front, windows and glass in display cabinets etc

Loss of licence – if you are licensed and you lose your liquor licence due to reasons beyond your control, this will provide protection for your business or premises.

Business Interruption – provides financial assistance for an agreed period of time for business overheads and expenses that are the result of considerable interruption to your trading following a fire, flood or other major insured peril.

It is not worth leaving anything to chance when one quick call to Westhill Insurance Services will provide you with complete peace of mind. We are an independent insurance broker and we will shop around to find the best deal to suit your needs and your budget. Just chat to one of our friendly and professional team: you will soon have all the information at your finger tips to make sure you have the right insurance for your business, allowing you to enjoy entertaining your guests in a relaxed and happy atmosphere.

Contact Westhill Insurance Services, today.

Posted on 11th October, 2013