Christmas is almost here, and everyone is shopping like mad. However, when the 25th December does arrive, will you prepared for any emergencies? No one likes to think about anything horrible happening, but there are things you can do to stave off problems in advance. A few little tips are:
1. Make sure you have a stand-by present (or two!) for the person you forgot – or who may turn up unexpectedly. If you can keep a couple of vouchers tucked away (book vouchers or Amazon, for example), they come in handy – and if you don't give them away you can spend them later!
2. Get some DVDs and music to keep people entertained on Christmas Day after the presents have been opened and the meal eaten. A brisk walk after lunch is always good – or perhaps have some games handy which will keep the festive mood going.
3. Make sure your insurance policies are up to date, to cover you in the event you are burgled (thieves work over the Christmas period, it's their busiest time of year!) You may want to consider emergency boiler cover, especially if your boiler is old. There is nothing worse than being without warmth at Christmas, just because your boiler has given up the ghost!
4. Have some entertainment planned for Boxing Day – often a day which leaves people feeling flat. Board games are useful for whiling away some time and can be enjoyed by young and old alike.
5. Buy more food than you think you need, even if you are worried if will go to waste. Usually, little is left over anyway – and most can go in the freezer. Keep an emergency supply of satsumas, chocolates and biscuits hidden away (and some extra bottles of wine too!), for those unexpected guests or as little treats for everyone.
You can't plan for every eventuality, but your insurance is important. Call Westhill Insurance Services if you are in doubt about your current cover, they will give you sensible advice as to what you need to keep your belongings safe and sound, and will explain how they can help should the worst happen. At least insurance is one thing you don't need to worry about – unexpected visitors are another matter!
Contact Westhill Insurance Services, today.