« back to news

Help when on foreign soil

Many people have holiday homes or time shares abroad which is great when everything is running smoothly but what happens when you have a problem?

If you speak the language and are well connected with local tradesmen then you are probably fine when an emergency raises its head. However, if you aren't in that position you are going to need some assistance.

That is why many insurers are offering overseas assist on home insurance policies, that way you get the same efficient service whilst abroad as you would at home. It applies to guests using your holiday home too giving them 24 hour back up.

Even in the midst of a crisis it makes life a lot easier if you can communicate and get things sorted out.

Adequate safety and security measures are also advisable for holiday homes. These properties are left unattended for large amounts of time with lots of valuables inside. They are easy targets as burglars know they are empty and won't be disturbed if they break in. Comprehensive insurance is also recommended especially if there are high value items kept there.

For any type of home insurance advice, talk to Westhill Insurance who specialise in home insurance. Westhill Insurance is part of a nationwide scheme which only applies to 130 brokers, and can give its customer some very unique and keen deals.

Westhill Insurance covers bike insurance, car insurance, van insurance, home insurance, business insurance, let property insurance, commercial insurance or even public liability insurance. It is willing to talk with you and come up with a tailor-made deal to suit. In the current climate of financial and insurance crisis Westhill Insurance understands the fear of dealing with a large impersonal, unaccountable organisation and sets itself apart as the broker you can speak to and trust.

For more information on Westhill Insurance or a quote, visit www.westhill-insurance.co.uk or call on 0844 371 7000 Mon – Fri 0900-1730 and Sat 0900-1300.

Posted on 25th January, 2010