Our Truck Insurance

Why buy Truck Insurance with Westhill?

•    Your dedicated adviser will help you identify the right cover for your business.
•    With our years of experience, and access to a vast panel of insurers, we’ll be able to find you the best policy at the most competitive price.
•    If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, our experienced team will support you through the process, making it run smoothly – and get you back on the road as quickly as possible. 

About Our Truck Insurance

At Westhill, we understand that your trucks are essential to your business. If they’re not on the road, you’re not making money. That’s why it’s so important that you’re properly insured – if the worst happens and one of your vehicles is involved in an accident, we can make sure that you’re back on the road as soon as possible.

Your business is our business. We pride ourselves on understanding how you work, so that we can provide the best possible advice on your insurance needs, tailored to your business.

No truck is too small, no fleet is too large. We can insure:
•    Anything from a single vehicle to the largest fleet.
•    Light goods vehicles to 3.5 tonners to 44 tonners.
•    Haulage trucks, flat beds, skip carriers, refrigerated lorries, hazardous goods carriers and gritters.

Choose from a wide range of products and add-ons including:
•    Legal expenses insurance – covers the cost of legal action brought by or against you.
•    Breakdown cover – offers roadside recovery following a vehicle breakdown.
•    No claims bonus protection – safeguards your no claims bonus so even if you make a claim, your no claims bonus will stay intact. 
•    Windscreen cover – pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle’s windscreen, side or rear windows if they get broken or cracked.
•    Trailer cover – covers your trailer against accidental damage, fire and theft, and provides public accident liability cover.

We offer truck insurance as a standalone product, or as part of a combined policy that can include products such as premises, liability and goods in transit cover.

Want help finding a great value Truck insurance policy?
Call our expert team who’ll do all of the shopping around for you.

What Next?

Call us on
0208 308 4344 or email us at

Get a Quote

Get a Quote

When should we call?

I would like to discuss this now.


Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately
Contact me Later

Get a Quote

Call me when my insurance renews

my renewal date is approximately

Why Westhill?

Did you know?

A really good use for your soon to be defunct tax disc holder is as a biscuit holder! Just the right size to store an emergency rich tea, digestive or Jaffa cake to ease the traffic jam blues! For insurance regarding more serious modifications to your vehicle, call us on 0208 308 4344.

Insurers face claims of £1.3 million ever day the UK is hit by ‘air frost’. Occurring when the air temperature one meter above ground drops below freezing, this also causes black ice and impaired driving visibility due to frozen windows. Call 0208 308 4344 for insurance advice with a warm response.

Travelling at 80mph uses 11% more fuel than travelling at 70mph, but saves only 5½ minutes on a 50 mile trip –so stick to the speed limit! If you’ve got points on your licence, don’t worry, we may be able to help with your insurance. 0208 308 4344 is our number.

You should check the pressure on your car tyres when they are cold: friction from the road warms the air in tyres and creates a false reading. This can result in damage to the tyre and wheels, and even accident. For all vehicle insurance call us on 0208 308 4344 today.

In Arizona, it is illegal to shoot whales from a moving car: it’s also impossible since Arizona is landlocked! Always check the driving laws in any country you visit and make sure you adhere to them. For all your (insane) travel or overseas driving insurance requirements, call us on 0208 308 4344 to avoid sticky situations.

Want to find out more about Truck insurance?
Click here for our FAQ

Find Out More About Truck Insurance

What level of cover do I need?

Just like car insurance, you can choose to purchase fully comprehensive commercial van cover, third party fire and theft cover (TPFT), or third party only cover. All three types of cover will cover the cost of a claim from a third party arising from an accident that you’ve caused, TPFT will also cover the cost of a claim if your truck is stolen or damaged by fire. Fully comprehensive cover will also pay to repair your truck if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.

How big can a vehicle be before it’s classed as a Heavy Goods Vehicle?

A HGV has a total weight of more than 3.5 tonnes (vehicle + load).

Which add-ons should I consider?

Many truck owners purchase goods in transit insurance in addition to their truck insurance. Goods in transit insurance will pay out if goods are lost, stolen or damaged while being delivered to your customers.

Can't find what you are looking for?
Contact us

Let's Talk

Speak to someone at
Westhill Insurance

Looking for our expertise in insurance?
Send a message or call 0208 308 4344